Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Story

I'm starting this blog to share my stories of being a foster mom, to rescued dogs and cats. I know there are lots of you out there who also take in these precious souls and give them a safe home and care until they can find their permanent family.

I am a trainer as well so hopefully my stories of rehabilitating or just having fun with training the animals that come through my home can help those of you who also take in foster pets or could use some tips on training your own pets.

At this time, I am fostering for Ay Chihuahua Rescue in Austin, TX ran by a very dear friend. In the past, I had fostered large dogs, but once fostering a chihuahua, I got hooked. They are so funny! And my indoor kitties, are less stressed with little dogs.

The type of training I do is called Syn Alia (SATS). I found SATS training about 12 years ago and fell in love with it. It's the closest thing I have ever seen to getting to be Dr. Dolittle and talk to the animals. It uses a lot of communication, gives the animals credit for being smart and capable and treats animals with respect. If you would like to know more about this type of training, check out the website at: http://synalia.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment